Wondering what app will allow you to open and sign documents on Android? Then you’ve come to the right place. signNow is an award-winning eSignature solution trusted by 28 million users worldwide. In addition to a feature-rich web application, signNow offers a powerful and easy-to-use Android signature app. It enables you to sign and send documents for signing to one or multiple recipients, create professional fillable forms, make edits to PDFs, and more.
Table of contents
- Why is it beneficial to use a mobile signing app?
- What features make signNow the best signature app for Android?
- Why do millions of users trust the signNow app to sign documents on Android?
- How much does signNow for Android cost?
- How to send a document for eSignature with signNow for Android?
- What is Kiosk Mode and how to use it?
- Download signNow for Android today
Why is it beneficial to use a mobile signing app?
eSignatures are making lives easier by eliminating the need to sign documents in person and reducing manual paperwork. No need for scanning, printing, and mailing hard copies. You can sign any document remotely and instantly send it to whoever needs your signature.
With the Android signature app by signNow, you have greater flexibility as you can edit and eSign documents from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet – even while on the go and when your computer is out of reach. This kind of mobility allows you to be in the loop all the time, which is especially useful for those who are constantly on the move.
However, being able to sign documents from any location is not the only reason to go with mobile eSignatures. Signing documents electronically in person also requires a mobile eSignature app. At reception desks, in waiting rooms, at trade shows, charity fairs, and other events, using a tablet or smartphone to have your customers sign contracts, application forms, or invoices is both convenient and practical. As opposed to wet ink signing, electronic signatures allow you to maintain completely paperless workflows, reducing your costs, preventing document loss, and boosting security and compliance.
What features make signNow the best signature app for Android?
The signNow app for Android is a comprehensive mobile solution that combines the functionalities of an eSignature app, form builder, and basic document editor in one package.
signNow makes it easy to streamline your signature workflow in a few steps:
Upload a document from your mobile device or cloud storage (or take a photo of a document with your phone camera and instantly upload it)
Turn your document into a dynamic fillable form
Assign signer roles and set a signing order
Customize and send your eSignature invite to any number of recipients
Track the status of your documents in real-time
By offering users an unparalleled array of features at the most competitive price, signNow is one of the most advanced Android signature apps on the market. For your convenience, we’ve distributed the key features of the signNow mobile app across three categories:
Document signing and sending
- Create a legally-binding electronic signature by typing, drawing, or uploading an image of your signature.
- Apply your eSignature to documents by simply tapping on your smartphone screen.
- Send documents for signing in a role-based order.
- Invite signers to complete documents by sharing signing links with them.
- Bulk-send documents to multiple signers.
- Send document bundles for signing to one or multiple recipients.
- Customize a signing order and configure automatic routing for documents.
- Configure signer notifications to remind your recipients about your signature requests.
- Set an authentication method to protect your documents from unauthorized access.
Document preparation and storage
- Create interactive PDF forms by adding various types of fillable fields to documents.
- Enable recipients to auto-fill your documents with uniform data (e.g., signature, full name, address, etc.)
- Make edits to PDFs. Add text, date, checkmarks, stamps, and eSignatures to documents using signNow’s responsive and easy-to-use editor.
- Save an unlimited number of reusable templates and instantly generate fillable document copies.
- Organize your files in folders for easy browsing and access.
- Export or import documents from your email or cloud storage.
- View document history and track all actions and changes made to it.
- Collaborate on documents in teams and use shared templates.
- Collect signatures using tablets and smartphones with Kiosk Mode.
- Download signed documents to your device, store them on your signNow account, or print them.
- eSign or edit documents in offline mode and get all your changes saved once your internet connection is restored.
Why do millions of users trust the signNow app to sign documents on Android?
In addition to its abundance of useful features, signNow provides a few other tangible benefits that set it apart from the competition:
An outstanding value for money. Starting at just $8 per month, signNow gets you a professional eSignature kit for mobile devices that is packed with premium features other signing apps are missing or offer at a higher price.
Legality, security, and compliance. signNow is fully compatible with the ESIGN Act of 2000 and eIDAS, which means it can be used legally in the US, Europe, and other countries around the world. The 256-bit encryption ensures your data is protected in transit and at rest. What’s more, signNow is compliant with the GDPR, HIPAA, SOC II Type 2, PCI DSS, 21 CFR Part 11, and other standards.
Ease of use. Users on Google Play continuously praise the signNow app for its straightforward drag and drop interface that allows you to quickly make edits to documents and send them for eSignature with just a few taps on your smartphone screen.
Seamless user experience across the mobile and web apps. Whenever you are at your computer, you can enjoy the desktop version of signNow. Both the desktop and mobile apps automatically sync with each other, so you can work on your documents, templates, and eSignature invites anytime on either device.
Superior customer support. signNow provides timely and effective support services 24/7 and has a comprehensive Help Center where users can find answers to their most common questions.
How much does signNow for Android cost?
The signNow mobile app sits at the same price as its desktop counterpart. The good news is that there is a 7-day free trial that allows you to try the app’s features without any payment commitment. After the trial period, however, you will need to choose one of the four subscription plans ranging from $8 to $50 per month.
How to send a document for eSignature with signNow for Android?
1. Get started
Go to Google Play and install signNow on your Android device. Open the app and create your account by entering your email address and password. You can also log in using your Google or Facebook account. If you used the signNow web app before, use your account credentials to log in.
2. Upload documents
If you’ve previously used signNow on desktop, you will find all the documents you worked on in the mobile app. But if you have never used signNow before, you can easily upload your documents by tapping the plus icon in the bottom right corner of the app’s home screen.
Then, select one of the upload options:
- Sample Document: Generate a document sample you can use to test various signNow features.
- Load from Device: Upload a document from your mobile device. You can upload PDF, Word, PNG, PPT, or text files.
- Gallery: Upload an image from your gallery.
- Load from Cloud: Upload a document from your cloud storage (signNow is compatible with Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Box, Egnyte, and Salesforce).
- Camera: Use your device’s camera to take a photo of a document. Once taken, the image will be instantly uploaded to signNow.
- Create Folder: Generate an empty folder in your signNow account.
- Make template: Turn any document on the app’s home screen into a reusable template.
Once your document has been uploaded, it will appear in your Documents folder. You can upload multiple documents at a time.
3. Add fillable fields to a document
Tap on a document you’ve just uploaded and select Open in Editor.
Add fields for your recipient to complete by accessing the Fields tab. Select the type of field you want to add and tap anywhere on your document for it to appear.
Note: To change the size of a fillable field, tap it and select Resize. Then, use the sliders at the bottom of the screen to adjust the size. You can also move fields by dragging them with your finger.
4. Add your eSignature or data to a document
Open the Tools tab and select Signature. Then, tap on the document where you want your signature to be placed. If this is the first time you are eSigning a document with signNow, you will be asked to create your eSignature first.
Add other elements such as date or text to your document if needed. You can adjust the size and position of your data boxes (including signatures) the same way you do with fillable fields.
5. Send a document for signing
When you’ve finished editing your document, tap on the checkmark icon in the top right corner and select Invite to Sign. Enter your recipient’s email address and configure signer notifications by tapping on the gear icon. Finally, hit the Send button.
That’s it. Your document has been successfully sent for eSignature. Your recipient will find your signature request in their inbox. Meanwhile, you can track the status of your documents from the signNow home screen.
What is Kiosk Mode and how to use it?
Kiosk Mode is an exclusive feature only available in the signNow mobile app. It allows you to collect signatures in person at events or front desks using a tablet or smartphone. A new document copy is automatically generated from the selected template for every new signer. Thus, the signing process is very similar to signing a physical document.
To access Kiosk Mode, tap the hamburger menu in the top left corner of the home screen and select Kiosk Mode.
Then, choose the template that will be used to automatically generate document copies for eSignature.
Create a four-digit code to prevent signers from exiting Kiosk Mode and accessing other documents on your device.
Customize your welcome and thank you messages and tap the Begin Kiosk Mode button.
You will enter Kiosk Mode, and your document will appear on the screen. Hand your device over to a signer so they can read the document and sign it by using the touch screen.
Download signNow for Android today
Get the signNow eSignature app for your Android device from Google Play and start your free trial to explore more features! Or contact our support to learn more about the app and how it works. You can also check out our Help Center to get more insights about signNow and its features.