- Augsburg University, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 500+ employees using signNow, both on and off campus
- 17 signNow admin users across multiple teams and departments
Scott Krajewski, Director of IT & Chief Information Officer
Problems before switching to eSigning:
- Long document lifecycle
- Manually tracking signatures and sending reminders to signers when needed
- Slow document preparation which often involved scanning, emailing, and printing copies
Step-by-step introduction of signNow on campus
Augsburg University first embraced the concept of eSigning about a year before the COVID lockdown. Back in 2019, the state of Minnesota introduced a new law that required all employees to confirm their awareness of their own employment status as well as their salary with a signature.
The HR Team, in collaboration with IT, looked at several available eSignature options on the market and made their decision in favor of signNow for the following reasons:
- The pricing structure of the available paid plans
- Convenient and quick document preparation using various types of fillable fields
- Team management over standard sets of documents via shared folders
- Intuitive interface and ease of use for staff members and students of all levels and majors.
The use of signNow for employment status confirmations caught on and was quickly implemented with every other type of document used by the HR office.
When COVID hit in March 2020, most campus activities immediately transitioned to remote operations. University staff members were turning to the HR office to ask about the tool they had been using for eSignatures. In a matter of weeks, signNow expanded to several other departments and teams.
In the summer of 2020, Augsburg University had to move their traditional summer workshops for K-12 teachers online. The needed workshop leader contracts went digital as well.
Later, Krajewski was approached by the Grant Office. They also wanted to integrate eSigning into their document workflows.
Next was the office of Academic Affairs. Their contract collection had always been a process of sign-scan-email (and the scans were rather low-quality at times). With signNow, this process became 100% digital.
Benefits delivered by signNow to Augsburg University:
Consistency in document style
Independence in software use
New level of convenience with document delivery
People get tired just thinking about the entire process, and often tend to postpone document delivery to the very last minute. But when you know in advance that the whole process won’t take more than two minutes and requires minimal manual effort on your part — it’s a totally different story!
The study abroad office in the Center for Global Education and Experience at Augsburg University was supposed to be next in line to integrate eSigning into their paperwork. This was put on hold due to reduced travel conditions under COVID lockdown. However, the office still has these plans on the table.
For Augsburg University, eSigning became one of those very few positive takeaways from remote working conditions: