With 1.3 million documents uploaded and 807k invites sent for signature every week, signNow by airSlate has cemented its leadership position in the eSignature market. For almost a decade, signNow has helped individuals, teams, and businesses of all sizes pave their way to digital transformation by going paperless and digitizing signature workflows.
Today, signNow serves 28 million users in more than 20 industries worldwide. Startups and universities, healthcare organizations, construction firms, and others choose signNow for being a reliable tool for eSigning documents on a daily basis.
Read on for more reasons why users trust signNow when it comes to creating and scaling their eSignature workflows.
What is signNow
signNow by airSlate is an electronic signature solution that enables business to be conducted from anywhere, at any time, and on any device. It is a part of the airSlate Business Cloud software suite along with airSlate, pdfFiller, and US Legal Forms.
signNow was founded in 2011 by two technology entrepreneurs from Newport Beach, CA – Chris Hawkins and Andrew Ellis. In 2013, it was acquired by Barracuda Networks and then sold to pdfFiller in 2017. As of today, signNow has 1,000 team members across six global offices and is headquartered in Brookline, Massachusetts.
signNow reviews: What our customers say about us
signNow by airSlate offers the most trusted, reliable, and secure digital transactions by providing legally-binding eSignature, authentication options, court-admissible Audit Trails, and bank-level security.
With over 30k signNow reviews on third-party review websites, our eSignature solution boasts an average rating of 4.7+ out of 5.0. You can find multiple testimonials across popular user review platforms such as G2, Capterra, TrustPilot, ShopperApproved, and others.
On top of that, signNow’s mobile apps for iOS and Android have high user ratings in the App Store and on Google Play.
signNow awards and accolades
signNow by airSlate has received a number of awards and accolades:
- In 2022, G2 named signNow by airSlate a High Performer and/or Leader across the Enterprise, Mid-Market, and Small Business segments.
- signNow received the 2022 Top Rated Electronic Signature Software by TrustRadius. The Top Rated badge is given to products with high customer satisfaction ratings.
- In 2021, SaaSworthy nominated signNow in four categories – Top 3 Most Worthy Software, Top 10 Highly-Rated Software, Top 10 Fastest Growing Software, Top 10 Most Popular Software.
Fortune 500 companies choose signNow for its accessibility and scalability
signNow by airSlate primarily targets small businesses along with lower and upper mid-market customers. In addition, signNow has been actively testing the waters with enterprise solutions for different industries and the signNow API.
With signNow, you pay for what you use — it easily scales for versatile business needs and fits companies of all sizes. Since 2017, 318 Fortune 500 companies have registered users in signNow. 211 companies are paying us over $10k a year, and we can see the number of business and enterprise customers steadily increase year over year.
signNow’s capabilities are not limited to only allowing users to certify a document or send it out for signing. signNow by airSlate has 270+ integrations with popular CRM systems (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365, NetSuite), cloud storage services (Google Drive, Dropbox, Box), productivity and collaboration tools (Google Workspace, Microsoft Teams, Workplace), security apps (1Password), and many more.
With signNow’s help, businesses can significantly increase their productivity with configurable role-based eSignature workflows, decrease the onboarding time thanks to an intuitive, easy-to-use interface, and save money while maximizing ROI — all with the confidence that industry-leading security and compliance standards are keeping their data safe.
The reason for signNow’s high demand among teams and businesses is obvious — it offers an aerial view of the entire organization, every team member, and every action made, which is why it stands out amongst other eSignature platforms. signNow successfully balances stability and progression thanks to regular product updates, new feature releases, and migrating to new tech.
Partnerships help signNow spread the word about digital transformation
signNow by airSlate has invested time and resources into building a partner network, which positively impacted brand awareness and helped increase its revenue. Today, signNow has 122 partners, 40 distributors, and 509 resellers that constantly help us improve our services.
signNow’s flexibility and top-notch team collaboration features have proven to help small-to-medium-sized businesses and enterprises rethink their entire document management and collaboration processes:
- eSign documents on any device. Your customers can create their legally-binding eSignatures and save them for later use. Allow them to draw or type their signature, or upload an image of their signature from their smartphone or computer.
- Simplify complex workflows. In signNow, users can arrange a document signing order for as many signers as they need in just a few steps. They can also enable/disable document forwarding, preset reminders, and set expiration dates and passwords for confidential documents.
- Work without delays. Users can start editing documents in their office and finish from their mobile device, even while offline. All data is securely stored in a private cloud and is instantly synced with the signNow network as soon as their connection is restored.
- Increase team productivity. signNow teams allow admins to create, share, and collaborate on documents and templates, and instantly track their status within a single secure place. Team admins can also easily add or remove people from their teams.
- Reflect your company’s branding. signNow allows for sending custom-branded email notifications to signers. Users can easily customize signing links and guide signers to their company’s website after a document has been signed.
signNow delivers positive ROI and creates value for both businesses and their customers
Even before COVID-19, manual paperwork slowed down signature completion cycles, increasing the chance of human error, such as missed signatures, lost data, misplaced forms, etc. Today, businesses, their customers, and employees expect deals to be closed at the speed of now. The more documents are sent for eSignature, the more time is freed up for businesses to develop new strategies and improve customer satisfaction.
Research indicates that the use of electronic signatures decreases document turnaround time by 80%. With that being said, signNow has proven to minimize the average time from sent to signed document to one hour, with an average minimum of 2 clicks needed to sign a simple document. That’s only a fraction of the positive ROI delivered by signNow’s eSignature solution.
We surveyed our customers to learn how signNow maximizes business productivity and improves team collaboration, and here’s what we learned.
With signNow, you can:
- Reclaim up to 40 working hours per month by handling your signature workflows electronically, not manually.
- Eliminate 70% of document errors by using signNow’s signing guidance and fillable fields to get documents completed accurately.
- Collect signatures 24x faster and speed up document turnaround times from days to minutes.
- Save up to $30 per document and reduce operational costs by eliminating printing, scanning, and shipping.
- Improve customer experience by 100% with a minimum of two clicks and only 10 seconds needed to sign a document.
signNow is used across 20 different industries worldwide
From universities and healthcare organizations to non-governmental organizations and accounting firms — signNow ensures secure and valid document transactions across dozens of industries.
signNow helps healthcare organizations transition from paper-based to fully digital workflows for patient intake, medical record maintenance, insurance processing, appointment booking, and others. In addition, signNow’s eSignature helps medical institutions eliminate the risks associated with paper storage, reduce errors, and increase data security thanks to HIPAA compliance.
Integra LifeSciences is a life science company from Princeton, New Jersey specializing in medical technology. Integra provides an array of high-tech solutions for special surgeries, wound repair, skin regeneration, and burn care globally. After switching to signNow, they quickly implemented the solution and were able to save hundreds of hours of employee resources on paperwork.
Results achieved with signNow:
✅ Saved time by digitally sending out documents for legally-binding eSignature in a role-based signing order
✅ Improved visibility with email notifications and a detailed Audit Trail to easily track signature completion
✅ Accelerated document cycles and delighted customers with streamlined eSignature workflows
“The ability to just put a request in through signNow and have it come back, and if I need to set up reminders for that, it just makes it so much more efficient than the old wet-ink signature: printing it out, signing it, scanning it, and emailing it. It’s just so much more efficient, such a time saver”John Treder,
IS Contracts and Software Assets Manager at Integra
signNow became an effective tool that helped colleges and universities make a seamless transition to remote learning during COVID-19. Today, 28,900 university users utilize signNow to collect signed permission slips, enrollment forms, contracts, and other documents online without having to ship paper or request in-person visits.
During the pandemic, Rend Lake College, a public community college in Southern Illinois, introduced signNow across several departments – Student Records, Financial Aid, Student Grants, Human Resources, and Virtual Student Advisement.
Results achieved with signNow:
✅ Accelerated document cycles – on average it takes a day to get documents signed, which speeds up routine operations.
✅ Better remote work opportunities for college staff to be able to handle paperwork electronically from anywhere.
✅ Improved document traceability and reduced clutter making it easier to keep track of documents and maintain order at the workplace.
“The college administration rightfully believes that there is much more to signNow than what they’ve already discovered and implemented. They have no intention to go back to paper-based document signing, even though nearly everyone is now back on campus.”Chad Copple,
Associate Vice President for Institutional Outreach at Rend Lake College
When it comes to non-governmental organizations, they typically look for affordable eSignature solutions due to budget constraints. By using signNow, non-governmental organizations can support start-ups and existing businesses by offering them simplified eSigning for handling their processes remotely.
The North East Enterprise Agency Ltd (NEEAL), an NGO providing business startup support in North East England, switched to eSigning because of unpredictable weather conditions. signNow has proven quite versatile — with its help, NEEAL could effortlessly onboard new employees and streamline signature cycles for their customers. The simplicity of eSignature workflows paired with signNow’s pricing policy became an unbeatable benefit.
Results achieved with signNow:
✅ Decreased operational costs owing to the user-based pricing model
✅ Accelerated onboarding process for new employees owing to the quick and easy setup
✅ Streamlined signature workflows for both 2-3-person workflows and group signing sessions involving 10-12 people.
“No matter how many people you have in one workflow, or how many documents you have to send out to 12 people at the same time — the monthly/annual price tag doesn’t change.”Will Nash,
European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) Project Manager
Digital Accounting and Financial Services
signNow allows businesses to maintain remote financial operations ensuring data security, compliance, and audit transparency. signNow’s use cases for the financial industry include and aren’t limited to eSigning disclosures, service request forms, loan applications, credit reports, term sheets, and other documents. When it comes to accounting, signNow’s workflow automation is one of the most-used components of the eSignature solution.
PennyBooks, a digital accounting firm from the UK, chose signNow because of its industry-leading security and compliance, ease of use, and custom branding option. One of the aspects that made PennyBooks choose in favor of signNow was the workflow automation offered by signNow’s integration with Zapier.
Results achieved with signNow:
✅ Enhanced GDPR compliance for digital bookkeeping and secure document transactions thanks to password protection
✅ Automated accounting workflows by means of integrating signNow with an in-house solution via Zapier.
✅ Increased brand visibility thanks to custom branding for corporate emails
✅ Improved customer experience with signNow’s lightweight and intuitive interface.
“The ability to connect signNow to our other technology via Zapier was brilliant. Even for accountants like us, with no coding skills, we’ve been able to automate a lot of our onboarding and accounts finalization processes with the combination of signNow and Zapier”Brendon Dallas,
Founder of PennyBooks
signNow helps businesses maintain industry-leading security and compliance
From the moment you log into your account and through the document completion process, signNow helps you keep your data protected in accordance with global security standards.
signNow maintains industry-leading security and compliance with global standards such as:
- SOC 2 Type II certification ensures service providers securely manage your data to protect the interests of your organization and the privacy of your clients. As an SOC 2 certified service, signNow meets industry standards for security, availability, processing, confidentiality, and the privacy of your data.
- 21 CFR Part 11, or Part 11 of the Code of Federal Regulations Title 21, regulates the usage of electronic signatures and records for manufacturers of food and beverages, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, and medical equipment. signNow’s compliance includes two-factor authentication, session duration and timeouts due to inactivity, eSignature timestamps, digital certification, and document history retention.
- HIPAA, or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, is focused on providing patients with quality care, protecting confidential data, and regulating doctor-patient relationships. signNow complies with HIPAA’s hosting standards for protecting the private health information of patients.
- GDPR, or the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) secures customer documents and information via encryption and makes them accessible only to the customer. signNow users can request the deletion of their personal data at any time.
- PCI DSS, or the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) ensure the safety of the cardholder’s data. An organization with PCI certification maintains payment security and ensures that its customers’ credit card information is protected against cyber threats and attacks.
- ESIGN regulates that an electronically signed contract has the same legal standing and enforceability as a hard copy. Since signNow complies with the ESIGN Act, you may use it for your business and daily tasks as you would a pen.
- CCPA, or the California Consumers Protection Act of 2018, ensures the protection of personal data and personal privacy when collec
Is signNow safe? What are the focus points of security?
signNow’s tools and procedures help you protect your data and satisfy policy obligations.
- Data encryption and storage
All user communications are encrypted with the NSA-developed SHA-256 encryption algorithm which protects data transfers between users, or a user and a server, against external access. User documents are stored on Amazon S3 data centers located in the US.
- Court-admissible Audit Trail
signNow creates and maintains a detailed document history, which shows all document activities and who performed them, including full names, email and IP addresses, and time stamps.
- Disaster recovery
signNow maintains and regularly tests its Disaster Recovery plan. Our Disaster Recovery Plan ensures continuous operations with minimal interruptions in case of emergency. This includes procedures to preserve documents and document security.
- Two-factor signer authentication
The document creator can add an extra level of protection to a document by requiring a signer to enter a password or authenticate their identity via a text message or a phone call.
The bottom line
Here at signNow, we believe that transparency is the key to building trust with customers. We treat each customer as our most important, no matter how big their business is. By choosing signNow, you are taking your first steps towards document workflow automation by using eSignature on any device, without hassle, and within your favorite CRM or business application.
As a part of the airSlate Business Cloud, signNow will support you throughout your entire journey — from PDF editing and payments to workflow automation and contract negotiation — to make sure you’re the hero!
- What is signNow
- Fortune 500 companies choose signNow for its accessibility and scalability
- Partnerships help signNow spread the word about digital transformation
- signNow delivers positive ROI and creates value for both businesses and their customers
- signNow is used across 20 different industries worldwide
- signNow helps businesses maintain industry-leading security and compliance
- Is signNow safe? What are the focus points of security?
- The bottom line