signNow is an award-winning eSignature platform used by millions of customers to electronically sign, send, and manage documents on any device. However, its functionality isn’t limited to just that. In fact, there are at least 7 more features that are no less useful than signNow’s secure eSignature. Get ready to discover all of them!
The signNow ‘Teams’ feature allows for seamless team collaboration, even remotely. ‘Teams’ can be used to organize and separate document workflows across multiple departments within an organization. The team admin has the power to create a Team, as well as add or remove people from that Team. Once a Team is created, it’s possible to send, sign, and manage documents across the entire organization. The Team admin can manage and create templates for Team members and monitor the status of documents that have been sent out for signing.
Follow the step-by-step instructions below to start using the ‘Teams’ feature:
- Start by clicking the ‘Create New Team’ button. Name your team and indicate the emails of the individuals you want to invite. Take note, each email owner will receive a separate email as everyone you invite has to accept their invitation to join your Team. To finalize this step, click the ‘Add Team’ button.
- Once the new Team is created, you will be able to access the Templates and the Document Group Templates folders within the ‘Teams’ dashboard.
- In the ‘Enable Shared Documents Folder’ box, click ‘Enable’. This will create a folder that Team members can use to share documents with the Team. Once finished, the Documents folder will also be available within the signNow ‘Teams’.
- To share a document with the team, go to the Documents folder and click on the ‘More’ button in the document and select ‘Move’. After that, select the team folder you want to share the document with.
- To remove a Team, click on the gear button at the top of the ‘Teams’ dashboard, then click ‘Remove’.
The collaboration options for teams and the ease of creating a link to post, email, or text are what make signNow stand out above the competitors.
Patrick R, Youth Minister
Court-admissible Audit Trail
signNow’s court-admissible Audit Trail allows users to track a document’s history along with all modifications made to it to ensure their information is secure. Each document in signNow has its own history, regardless if it has been signed or not.
Head over to the Documents folder, click ‘More’ next to the document, and select between two options – ‘History’ or ‘Download with History’.
If you choose ‘History’, a log window will appear where you can view what actions were made in the document, who made them, when, and from which IP address. If the document is shared with several people, you can track each person’s activity in the History log.
To save the document history to your device, click ‘Download Document with History’. You will then receive a copy of your document with the Audit Log on the last page. It will contain the document history and its unique ID number. This is how you view the Audit Trail for your document.
[signNow] is also extremely handy for storage of important documents and provides a fantastic audit trail, you can see signing history and get updates as to where things are.
Andrew S, Operations Director
signNow’s Templates allow users to create a master document they can copy and reuse multiple times. Pre-configured templates help users file documents quicker while also eliminating errors, typos, and inconsistencies. Templates make it a lot easier to create, send, and sign the most common documents and forms, as well as share them within your organization using signNow’s ‘Teams’.
Follow the step-by-step instructions below to create a Template in signNow:
- Start by uploading a document from your device to your signNow account or choose a document you want to convert into a reusable template. Click the ‘More’ button next to the document, then choose ‘Make Template.’
- In the pop-up window, enter the Template Name into the respective field, then click ‘Create Template.’ The new template will then become available in the Templates folder.
What users can do with Templates:
In signNow, users have three editing options for existing Templates:
- ‘Edit Signer Emails’ allows users to create a customized email by preconfiguring the email subject and messages for individual roles.
- ‘Edit Signing Instructions’ allows users to edit the instructions that an invitee sees when accessing the invite link for the template.
- ‘Edit Signing Order’ allows users to lock the order in which signers must sign, or specify an email for a role. When locked, other users of this template will not be able to change these settings.
Invite To Sign
signNow users can generate documents from Templates and send them out for signature. By clicking ‘Invite to Sign’ next to a document, users can customize a signature invite, then send it out by clicking ‘Send Invite’.
Create Invite Link
By clicking ‘Create Invite Link’ next to a document, users can generate an invite link for signing the document and share it with multiple signers. Each person will sign their own copy and every signed copy will appear in the Documents folder.
signNow’s Bulk Invite feature helps organizations with high volumes of communications simplify their workflows while also saving time and money. With Bulk Invite, the owner of a document can distribute it to multiple users at once. All it takes is to create a single template, import a list of singers, and send the document out for signature. Each signer on the list will then get a copy of the document – which will help avoid miscommunication between multiple signers along with making the signing process easier.
According to our clients, signNow’s Bulk Invite feature has proven to be very useful for the following high-volume distribution tasks:
- lawsuit documentation
- permission slips
- W-4 forms
- payment forms
- employee policy and HR documents
- homeowner or tenant forms
- asset identification, etc.
- Upload your document to signNow, then specify the required fields for the signer to fill out (signature, date/time, checkmarks, text, etc).
- To use the Bulk Invite feature, turn the document into a template. Click the ‘More’ button next to the document and choose ‘Make Template.’
- Go to the Templates folder and select the document. Click ‘More’ > ‘Bulk Invite’. In the pop-up window, you can upload a CSV file with the contact information of all the signers who need to receive a copy of the template or enter the email addresses into the respective box manually.
- Tick the ‘Custom Subject and Body’ box to personalize the signature invitation. Once finished, click ‘Send Invites’.
In signNow, users can easily merge multiple PDF documents into one. The merging process is extremely straightforward — select documents for merging and arrange their order. Follow the step-by-step instructions below to use signNow’s Merge feature:
- Start by choosing documents for merging. Click the ‘More’ button next to the document you want to merge, then select ‘Merge Document With’ from the drop-down.
- Select the documents you want to merge from the list and click ‘Next’. Switch between folders to find the documents you need. It’s also possible to view all your selected files by switching to the ‘Selected documents’ tab.
- Drag and drop the documents to set the order in which they will appear in the merged file. After that, fill in the Name of New Document field and click the ‘Merge’ button.
Once finished, your merged PDF document will appear at the top of the document list. Take note, the files you used to create the merged document will remain in their former directories, unchanged.
A great feature I use frequently is the merge option. If I have two or more PDFs that need to become one, I can do that here without buying a different program.
User in Insurance
signNow’s Kiosk Mode, also referred to as ‘in-person signing’, is widely used by businesses that require clients to sign documents, such as waivers, before receiving a business product. Other types of businesses can also benefit from using Kiosk Mode — thanks to its dynamic nature, it can be used anywhere, anytime, on any tablet device (iOS, Android).
Kiosk Mode makes document retention more convenient. Electronically saved and archived documents are extremely easy to organize, so no time is wasted on handling physical paperwork. Electronic documents are easy to retrieve using the search feature. Simply find the document you need by using one of the following parameters – Document Name, Signer Email, Inviter Email, Document ID, or Document Group ID.
In addition, the automated signing guidance in Kiosk Mode ensures that no signature field is left blank — your document is fully completed before it can be submitted.
Follow the steps below to use Kiosk Mode on your tablet device:
1. Kiosk Mode can only be used with templates. Make sure that whatever document you want to use has been converted into a template.
2. Start by clicking on a document in the Templates folder and select ‘Kiosk Mode’. After that, enter a simple password.
3. Edit the text of your Welcome and Done Messages (if needed) and click ‘Kiosk Mode’.
4. Hand your tablet to a recipient for signing. In case of error, tap ‘Done’, then select ‘Erase & Restart’ from the drop-down in the upper right corner of the screen.
5. Click ‘Done’ when you finish filling the fields, then click OK to finalize the process.
It’s possible to set anchor tags within a Word document that will automatically transform into fillable fields once the document is uploaded to signNow.
Users can instantly add signature fields or date fields to a document by inserting the corresponding anchor tags in the text editor of their choice.
1. Open a document in any word processor and add anchor tags:
- use /s1/ for adding a signature field
- use /d1/ adding a date field
The number inside each anchor tag denotes a signer’s role. For instance, the /s1/ tag adds a signature field assigned to the first signer, while the /s2/ tag attributes the signature field to the second signer. Once finished, save your document.
2. Upload the document with anchor tags to your signNow dashboard. Once you open it in the signNow editor, you will see that the anchor tags have been converted into fillable fields. Adjust their size and positioning as you see fit, then save the file by clicking Save and Close.
signNow’s diverse features help businesses overcome obstacles of any complexity — whether it’s using eSignatures to sign documents remotely or creating document workflows that involve multiple signers.